Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Today is a difficult day.

Mum has been sick and we are all tired and in need of good sleep. Yesterday she was so childlike and so glad to see me. I could see it in her eyes. Sometimes her eyes are those of a frightened 3-4 year old.... and just like a child the only comfort is stay close to mum, which at the moment is me.

sometimes I want my mother as well, the one I grew up with, the one who used to tuck me in every night with a kiss on the forehead.... but those days are gone... I still feel that love some days..... the love my mother had for me through all those hard years....

today I feel exhausted and sad as I watch my mother/my child sleeping in the armchair, wrapped up in warm, soft pink gowns and rugs....soft gray hair

who is she today?...

who will she be when she wakes?

what will tomorrow bring?


Elanor

1 comment:

Mr Mans Wife said...

I think that is the greatest loss - losing our own security, losing the one you rely on, depend on, the one who comforts you. It's a greater loss than any material wealth or career.

Sometimes we just need someone to be strong for us.