Thursday, July 19, 2007

laughter is the best medicine!

I feel a lot better than yesterday. By last night I felt quite down... I found myself thinking about all the losses that have happened since mum got sick.... a job... a degree... thousands of dollars.... my freedom...

But I woke up today feeling a lot more positive.... I think it is just part of the ups and downs of adjusting to being a carer...

Mum went back to day care today...she was excited to go and everyone was pleased to see her after her being away sick for a couple of weeks...I came home and enjoyed having the house to myself for a few hours.... in the afternoon I slept for 3 hours!

I knew I was tired but I didn't realise how tired....

I need to start concentrating on regaining my health now.... I have gained weight, my skin is crappy and I have not been eating properly for a while now.... so starting tomorrow I will be making small steps towards a more healthier lifestyle...

mum was in a happy mood today... she was chuckling at everything this morning..... it was lovely... I gave her Michael Crawford's book and asked her to read to me.... she loves to read out loud and she has improved with her concentration and speech since starting the aricept...

so she read funny little anecdotes from the book and then she got the giggles and couldn't stop laughing at his description of losing his woollen swimming trunks in the pool!.. bare white bum bobbing about in the pool looking for his swimming trunks!

I love moments like that.... I wish I could capture them..... just joy and contentment ... in the moment..... priceless...... she wants to write Michael Crawford a letter now and tell him how funny he is.... who knows we just might do it....

I loved seeing her like that.... laughing and happy.... today was a good day for us both...

Elanor

No comments: