Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Letter from mum...

I received a letter from mum today. She has sent me back a letter that I sent her a few weeks ago. The paper was A4 and instead of folding it to put it in the envelope she has just cut it to the width of the envelope so that it fits. 

I know it makes sense to her in some way. Maybe she saw my address on the letter and thought it belonged to me. I suppose cutting the paper to fit the envelope makes sense as well...  especially if you have lost the memory of how to fold a piece of paper.

I have to confess that I still have not packed up mums room since she left. The clothes are gone, but the furniture and some of her books are still there. I think I'm ready to pack the furniture away, clean and repaint the room and use it for something else. It used to be my office before mum came to live with us. I don't know what I will use it for now, but it's time to pack it away. The reality it that she is not coming home again, not even for a holiday. So that is my task for the weekend.

1 comment:

citygirl said...

It's hard to clear out their stuff. It's almost showing acceptance that they aren't coming home.

I still have a few items of my mom's that I just can't part with.... including a coat that I'll never wear but I like to have it hanging in my closet.