Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Silence is golden!

I had a lovely day to myself. No radio, no TV, just silence and the sounds of birds in my garden.

Mum went to day care, my children were away and my husband was away for the day. I left breakfast until mum had left. I found a lovely sunny spot outside and just sat and ate leisurely while I started reading a book. I just wanted to soak it all up! Later I came inside and felt good enough to tackle some difficult phone calls I needed to make. I had been putting them off because I just didn't feel up to it but they went well.

I had some boxes of mums stuff stored in my bedroom so I sorted through them and gave my bedroom a good clean. It feels like it is mine again finally! Having mums belongings all through the house has had a strange effect. Last week when my husband told me it didn't feel like our house anymore I realised I had to reclaim our space, for our sake.

I made a really nice lunch for myself, instead of grabbing something on the run. Some chicken breast and salad. The quiet in the house was just so soothing! Really calming. No rushing and bustling.In the afternoon I read some more, and then cleaned out a couple more boxes of papers.

I have rearranged and reduced my work and now I will have at least one day at home each week, sometimes two. My daughter and husband were amazed at how much I had done when they got home and all agreed the bedroom feels like ours again. I think if I can get some time to myself each week it is going to really help me feel less stressed.

1 comment:

Mr Mans Wife said...

It sounds like you had a wonderfully relaxing day. I'm so pleased for you :)