Friday, August 31, 2007

The Sick Bed.

I have been unwell for a few days and need to rest and not do much. Mum has refused to go to day care, she wants to take care of me. All she can do safely is get me a glass of water, if there is a glass left out on the cupboard. Of course she wants to sit next to me all the time and doesn't think that anyone else is doing enough. Then she tries to help with things and gets in the way.

So we are all trying to be patient and some times it's not easy.

Today I gave her a whole bunch of papers and got her to hold them for me, she was pleased with that. I need to give her things to do to feel useful when quite frankly I just want to go to bed and be left alone by everyone!

In her mind she is my mother and it is her job to take care of me when I am sick. This will be an exercise in patience for me!

4 comments:

Mr Mans Wife said...

Oh bless her. That must be so difficult for you. I hope you're feeling well again soon.

Maz said...

Hi how are you feeling now?

I know, from personal experience, Carers and illness rarely mix well!

Two years ago, for the first time, I had a bit of illness myself and discovered that I'm a rotten patient!!

Thank Goodness I keep pretty well as I think I'd be a bit of a nightmare long term!

I hope you're feeling your old self soon!

maz x

Maz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
elanor said...

I am feeling a bit better today, and I convinced mum to go to daycare so I am looking forward to a break from everyone.

I am adreadful patient! I hate doing nothing and 'resting', especially when there is so much to do, but I know I need to take it easy for a bit.